Friday, October 16, 2009

Baby apple pies

I love food that is bite sized and cute. If it's bite sized, then it doesn't have as many calories, right? Even if you eat a plate full of those little bite sized goodies. I like to think that way at least. I was bored today, so I did what I usually do when I am bored. I bake. If I am not baking, then I am scouring the internet for my next new recipe. The kids wanted something sweet, but I didn't feel like going to the store. I would have made cookies, but I was out of eggs. I ended up making these adorable little baby apple pies. They remind me of those fried pies I used to eat when I was younger and not worried about calories. Now, these little suckers aren't exactly diet food, but they aren't quite as bad as the goodness that I knew as fried pies. Well, unless you happen to eat all of them in one sitting. These are really easy to make, which is always a plus!


Baby Apple Pies

1 can refrigerated biscuit dough
1/4 c sugar
1 T cinnamon
2 apples (any kind) peeled and cut into small pieces
2 T butter, melted
1/2 c powdered sugar
1-2 T milk


Preheat the oven to 375. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together. Roll out each biscuit to about 4 inches in diameter. In the middle of the biscuit place about 1T of apple and sprinkle with some of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Drizzle a bit of the melted butter on top. Fold over the dough and crimp the edges with a fork to seal. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes. While the pies are baking, mix together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth, adding a bit more milk if necessary. After removing the pies from the oven, drizzle the glaze over them while they aer still warm. Enjoy! You might even share them if you have enough restraint.

No comments:

Post a Comment