Thursday, October 22, 2009

It's not exactly gourmet...

Comfort food. It's not exactly gourmet, but sometimes we just need a little comfort in our food. To me, comfort food needs cheese. This evening I retired to my kitchen and whipped up a batch of Tater Tot Casserole. I guess I could give it some fancy name, but this dish is anything but fancy. Which translates into "the kids will eat it". My husband will eat it. I will eat it. Looks like we have a winner! My husband saw me taking pictures and couldn't wait for me to finish. He knew that meant he just got to eat as soon as I was done.


Tater Tot Casserole

1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef or turkey
1 can cream of chicken soup
Chopped onion - as much or little as you like
Chopped green bell pepper - as much or as little as you like
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1/2 bag frozen tater tots
Seasoning salt


Preheat oven to 375. In a pan on the stove, add the meat, onion, and bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until done. Drain any grease from the meat. Mix the beef or turkey with the cream of chicken soup in a medium sized bowl. You can also add any veggies you want to this mixture. I threw in some grated cheese just because I'm such a fan of cheese. Pour this into a 8x8 casserole dish. Top the meat with the grated cheese, then add a layer of tater tots. Sprinkle seasoning salt on top of the tots. Bake for 35- 40 minutes. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't eaten this in ages! Thanks for reminding me how good it is. I've been trying to plan out some super easy dinner that we can make once the baby is here and I am a walking zombie. This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My BFF loves to make this. I haven't made it in a while yet, may need to test it out on Bama

    ReplyDelete