Monday, September 28, 2009

Crock Pot Love


Do you ever have those days where you forget to thaw out something for dinner? Or you realize that you really need to make a trip to the grocery store because the only food you have is ramen noodles, Pringles, and Sponge Bob fruit chews. Today was one of those days. As I was frantically digging through the pantry looking for something to make for dinner, I realized that I have been neglecting my crock pot. Next to my Kitchen Aid mixer the crock pot is something I could not live without. This is one of the easiest recipes to make, and it is also pretty healthy. it is so easy to make, even a man who is clueless in the kitchen could make it.

Crock Pot Southwestern Chicken

4 Frozen chicken breasts (you read that right - FROZEN!)
2 Cans corn, drained
2 Cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 Jar of salsa (it's better if you make your own, though)

In a crock pot add one can of corn, one can of black beans, and half the salsa. No need to mix it together. Place the frozen chicken breasts on top. Top the chicken with the remaining corn, black beans, and salsa. Cook on low for 6 hours. Top with shredded cheese and sour cream.

*You could leave the salsa out and add green chiles. You could also throw in some chopped onion and jalapenos.

2 comments:

  1. I just got home from a not-so-successful day of errand running and was happy to find all this in my pantry. So, guess what's in the slow cooker?

    Late dinner works perfectly for us tonight b/c Jes will be stuck at the office til at least 8.

    Yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I made this Sunday night for my crew and it was a hit. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete