Friday, August 21, 2009

I just had to!


The Kitchenaid mixer was calling my name. It does that sometimes. I had found a recipe on the Internet for these muffins that sounded really yummy. They are supposed to taste very similar to snickerdoodles...one of my favorite cookies. So, I tweaked a few things on the recipe and voila...yummy goodness in my mouth! I suggest you try these. My seven year old son said they were thumbs up. Both the batter and the muffins!
Snickerdoodle Muffins
Ingredients:
1 3/4 Cup sugar
1 T Cinnamon
2 Sticks unsalted butter, softened
2 t Vanilla
2 Large eggs
2 1/4 Cups flour
3/4 t Baking soda
3/4 t Baking powder
3/4 t Cream of tartar
1/2 t Salt
1 t Nutmeg
1 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a large muffin tin or use muffin liners.
Mix 1 cup of the sugar with the cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar, salt, and nutmeg. Now, if you have a Kitchenaid mixer, I suggest you use it. If you are one of the unlucky ones, you can mix by hand of use one of those nifty hand mixers. Cream together the butter and remaining sugar. Add the vanilla and eggs, mixing well. Add half the flour mixture to the mixing bowl, then add half the sour cream, continuing to mix. Add the rest of the flour and sour cream until mixed well. Don't forget to scrape the sides of the bowl! The mixture won't be very runny. Using an ice cream scoop, or just a spoon like I did, drop one scoop at a time in the bowl of cinnamon sugar. Roll around until coated and place in muffin tin. Repeat until all the batter is used. This makes 18-20 muffins. Bake at 350 for 20-22 minutes. Let your kids like the bowl clean. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment