Thursday, August 20, 2009

Here we go.....

I absolutely love to cook. Sometimes my kids won't eat what I cook, but I am OK with that. My husband usually eats what I've whipped up in the kitchen. The bachelors next door are always more than willing to have a bite or two. Thanks to my husband, I have fed more musicians than I can count. My daughter's friends want to spend the night just so they can have "Jenn's food". My son is picky, but he sure likes to turn on my Kitchenaid mixer and eat cookie dough.
My knives aren't as sharp as they should be and I don't always measure the ingredients or follow the recipe. My husband rolls his eyes when I tell him I just need to make a quick trip to the grocery store or Costco. I just tell him it's because we never know who is going to show up for dinner. We have an open door policy in our house. If you are a friend, and you are passing through town, then you ARE having dinner with us. No questions asked.
A friend suggested that I start this blog, so here it is! You will hear tales of my kitchen mishaps, endless shopping lists, and the results of my forays into the kitchen. I'll share recipes, too. I used to be stingy when it came to giving out a recipe, but then I decided that the rest of the world should be able to taste just a little of what comes out of my oven or bread machine. You get the point. Enjoy...but don't ask me to come do the dishes. I am still trying to get my husband to do mine.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! And how on earth are we gonna help you become the next Paula Deen if you don't share? ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. sfabobby0322/8/09

    The recipe you posted on Twitter for the Tortilla Pie....Insane. Added some serrano peppers since I like that kinda stuff spicy. Wow.

    ReplyDelete