Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pumpkin Krispie Treats

It's fall. Well, it's supposed to be fall. It was almost 90 yesterday, and it felt more like summer to me. Fall means pumpkins. All the neighbors decided to get together last night and carve pumpkins for Halloween. I won't go into the details on the huge mess we made, or how the pumpkins turned out. That's for another time. Anyways, while I was at the store buying a pumpkin, I happened to notice pumpkin spice marshmallows. Yum! I had to have those. They were even shaped like little pumpkins! I figured we needed something to snack on as we dug out pumpkin guts and tried to keep the kids from throwing pumpkin everywhere. There was a recipe on the bag, but of course I had to change it up a bit. The Pumpkin Krispie Treats turned out so good. I'm not sure who liked them more, the adults or the kiddos. I would have taken a picture, but they disappeared rather quickly. Do yourself a favor and make these, but make more than one batch!

Ingredients:
1 bag pumpkin spice marshmallows
5 cups Rice Krispies
1/2 stick butter
1 tsp vanilla
dash of cinnamon
optional: chocolate chips or candy corn

Directions:
In a large pot over medium heat, stir together the marshmallows and butter until melted. Add vanilla and a dash, or two, of cinnamon. Stir in Rice Krispies. Now comes the fun part! Coat your hands with butter, and press the goodness into a greased 9x13 baking dish. You could use a 9x9 dish if you want thicker treats. Top with chocolate chips or candy corn if desired. Let set and cut into squares. You can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment