Sunday, August 21, 2011

Meatloaf

Meatloaf. It's one of my husband's favorites. If I ever want to make him a dinner he absolutely loves, I just make him meatloaf and mashed potatoes. It never fails. Right now, I would give anything to be able to make him meatloaf. I guess I could make some and ship it overseas, but I really don't think he'd enjoy the smell when he opens the box in 120 degree weather a week later. Now this isn't some fancy meatloaf with all kinds of veggies in it. This is just a plain meatloaf, but people seem to love it. I remember one time I had made it and one of my daughter's friends was over. This was a kid who didn't really care for meatloaf. She had a few bites, then a few more. Next thing I knew I was taking the girls to their soccer game, and Arron is sitting in the backseat of the car with a huge serving of meatloaf, and she's inhaling it right before the game. I guess maybe it is a little tasty.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs lean ground meat
1 sleeve crushed saltine crackers
1 1/2 cans tomato soup
1/2 - 1 package onion soup mix
2 eggs
Splash of worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Mix together the ground meat, eggs, and tomato soup. Don't be a wimp and use a spoon, get in there and use your hands to do it. Add the crackers, soup mix, salt and pepper, and worcestershire sauce. If it seems a little dry, add a little more tomato soup. Grease a 9x13 baking dish and form the meat into two loaves. Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes, until done. Serve with mashed potatoes or some crusty french bread. This also makes excellent meatloaf sandwiches the next day. My husband might know something about that! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment