Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Chicken Enchilada Rolls

Last night I wanted to try out a new recipe I had found. I altered it some as I was making it, and it turned out delicious. Lately I have become addicted to the website "Pinterest" and found this recipe on there in several places. I changed it up slightly, and this is what I came up with, well, I'll get to what I came up with in a bit...
Since my husband is currently deployed, it's kind of hard to cook for one unless I want to eat leftovers for days. I'm not always a huge fan of leftovers, so I don't cook all the time these days. Hopefully that will be changing soon, though! I was just so excited to try this recipe out that I even braved the commissary on a payday to get the ingredients. If you are military, that's a pretty big deal. It's kind of like going to the grocery store on a Sunday afternoon, but times ten.
This recipe is super easy, and I had the rolls in the oven in no time. Smooth sailing, right? I took them out of the oven, let them cool slightly, and ate one. Oh. My. Goodness. Soooooo tasty. I loved them. This recipe makes way more than one person can eat, so I ate another one, then wrapped the rest of them up in foil to take to my awesome neighbors. I even texted Liz and told her that I had some tasty chicken enchilada things to bring her when they got back from the store. Apparently my dog, Recon, had other plans. Since my handsome husband is eleven billion miles away right now, the joyous chore of taking out the trash falls upon me. I went outside to do said chore. When I walked back in the house my dog was running as fast as he could to hide under the table. Hmmm...that could only mean one thing. I noticed foil on the kitchen floor...and more foil in the living room, but no more chicken enchilada rolls. Yes, you guessed it, my dog enjoyed every last one of them. I sure hope he enjoys the back yard just as much today.

Ingredients:
1 12 oz can chicken
1/3 cup enchilada sauce
2 t taco seasoning
1/2 cup shredded cheese (any kind - you pick!)
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 packages crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 375.
Mix together cheeses, chicken, enchilada sauce, and taco seasoning. Unroll the crescent rolls and separate. On each roll, near the wide end, place a small spoonful of the chicken mixture. Roll up however you'd like, and seal the ends. You may use all the chicken mixture and have a few rolls left over. Just roll these up and bake them along with the filled rolls. Place onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Enjoy these, and hopefully your dog will leave a few for you!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm going to cook these soon! Thanks, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I saw your post on FB about this yesterday and was hoping you'd share the recipe. It helps that it looks super easy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so easy to make...just keep any pets away from them! :)

    ReplyDelete