Thursday, December 17, 2009

Banana Bread

I am always buying bananas. I also forget that I have them so they usually end up getting too ripe, and I will just throw them out. I do have a perfect use for those bananas with the unsightly brown spots all over them. Make banana bread! I made some a few weeks ago, and my daughter couldn't stop eating it. That's a good sign. I love this bread. It's perfect for breakfast. Or lunch, or an afternoon snack...I could go on and on. You get the idea.

Banana Bread

1 1/4 c sugar
1/4 c butter - softened
3 egg whites
1 t vanilla
1 1/2 c mashed ripe bananas (about 3-4 bananas)
1 small container fat free vanilla yogurt
2 3/4 c flour
1 1/4 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 t cinnamon
1/2 c chopped nuts - optional

Cream together the sugar and butter. Stir in the egg whites until blended. Add banana, yogurt, and vanilla and beat until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients until just moistened. Don't over stir. Pour into two greased 8 inch loaf pans. bake for 50-60 minutes at 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment